Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And We're Off!

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

And We're Off! - Page 7 Empty Re: And We're Off!

Post by uncle jack on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 am

scratch where exactly have you been taking your furry friends and dropping them off i have trapped 3 in 3 nights cheers Twisted Evil
uncle jack
uncle jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Darn, you found me out.....
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 am

Actually we caught one last week in our chipmonk trap. Please keep them down your way. Very Happy
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Sorry retired 2. Never gonna happen. I was brought up to SHARE!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 am

i bet "hubbie"don't like that ?
drunken affraid And We're Off! - Page 7 3048187578
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:28 am

So after a vacation from dealing with raccoon, yup, they're back. Not sure if it's some of the original group but now we are working on round two. Caught one last night. Fair size too.
We sleep with the patio door open (screen closed) but always with a bar stool in front of it. No wild animals in or out please and thank you!
The weather has been quite nice. Only a couple of those stinking hot days bothered us. With no a/c we have learned other ways to keep cool and ways to keep the cottage cooler but after three days, we lost the cottage temp,
In the last storm a few days ago, one tree was moved enough to crack the whole tree trunk base and have it fall so that it is wedged between two other trees. We may leave it like that until fall. Too big for us to handle ourselves.
A back lot has been sold so it appears another cottage will be built on our little island. We've met the owners and they seem very nice. Great kids too.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 am

I was beginning to worry Kishgo, its been a while since we've heard from you!! You've been missed! And We're Off! - Page 7 4168505391
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 am

i though she had went for a boat ride with the skipper and gilligan !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks GF. It's nice to be missed! I do check frequently, but admittedly, it's just for a very quick read. Our summer has truly begun from the beautiful sunshine to company four days out of seven. Hubby's son and family were here for a week with us and then we returned to the city for three days to attend a Downchild Blues concert in Brantford at the Sanderson Centre.
While we were absent they invited five others to the cottage for the weekend.
I was a tad upset about this. Even though it was family (DIL'S mom, dad, brother and two kids), I felt I should have been consulted as opposed to finding out 'by the way'. They needed an extra sleeping mattress and linens. Our cottage sleeps seven, in beds in bedrooms, the way I like it. Sofas, in my opinion, were not meant for sleeping on.
After they left, I had eight hours of laundry to do plus the cleaning. The floor was swept but that was it. Hubby and I disagree on this subject. Greatly disagree. He feels the cottage is all about families and the more the merrier. I feel it would be courteous to ask. Plus, I have absolutely no assistance in the cleaning/laundry/tidy up dept.
I should stop complaining. If this is the worst I have to handle.......
Today was perfect. Lots of sunshine, about five kids on the dock on the slide, wind surfing (kind of funny was there was very little wind!!) , tons of laughter and great times. As usual, way too much food and drink. Wait, I take that back. Just the right amount of drinks!! Today's special was a turquoise blue drink called Hipnotique made with vodka and white grape juice and blueberries for the nutritional component. Gotta have fruit every day you know!!
I've also been busy painting my bedroom. Hubby is such a nag about it!! He has been pestering me to choose a colour so finally I did. Yesterday I put three coats on trim and doors. One coat of paint on the walls. (Can't say I love it yet.)
This is the only weekend for three months when we don't have overnight guests. Mujst say it's not bad at all!!
However, nine arrive on Thursday so I really must get the bedroom done and all contents put back in. Three from this group have asked to tent in the yard. Great!!! Hope the raccoons stay away.
Did you hear about the pontoon plane that crashed into a barge on Buckhorn Lake at Gannon's Narrows? That's just around the corner from us. Sadly the pilot died. No one on the barge was seriously injured. Pilot error is suspected.
Time to go. Night everyone!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh my, I didn't realize how long my note was! I should be named Chatty Cathy!!! Very Happy
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks for the great read. Enjoy the company
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 am

No "if, ands, or buts"! You should of been asked about the company at the cottage. It is totally rude and disrespectful to invite ANY guests to someone else's place not not ask first.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 am

Agree with Ruby Tuesday!!! While reading your post Kishgo, I felt that you were greatly taken advantage of. Almost made me wonder if the "visitors" even left a tip for the housekeeping staff!! I'm outraged on your behalf! Hubby has a point also. The cottage is "all about family", but family should know that there is more involved than walking in and out. Having a winter home has given me somewhat the same type of problems, and I know I contribute to them myself when the invitation is extended, and with the effort expended when the company arrives. The cleanup and restoration to ones personal sense of order is something only we can deal with I guess. I don't envy you your busy schedule Kishgo. One more month and things will quiet down I think. Rest when you can! LOL
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks for the support RT and GF. In fairness, my DIL did take home 12 large beach towels to wash and return this week when they come back for a family photo shoot. My washer is small here so that would have been another three or four loads on top of the eight.
Some of this is my own fault. Hubby hates cleaning with a passion and when he does help out, I'm not happy with the results. So, basically all he does inside the cottage is vacuum, well, once this season. But he is greally great at fixing things, like our water filter system or anything to do with the boats (other than cleaning LOL) and stuff like that. After the years, I just do it myself. Easy when it's just for two of us!
Today is my 'day off'. No company yet. So, I finished painting the bedroom, final coat, cleaned the bathroom, hauled out the extra tall ladder and cleaned the wall of windows that face the lake.
In a bit we are ferrying our neighbour and her guests back to the mainland and then going into Home Depot to pick up some crown molding for the bedroom. Hubby will install that after I finish painting. Then on Monday to the lumber yard for the pine trim and quarter round. I hope the bedroom project is finished by Monday night.
Last night we put our water raft into the water, hooked the line to the cleat on the dock, I took my book and drink out with me and floated about for an hour. Heavenly!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Now that last part sounds like my idea of the perfect kind of cottage life! Enoy drunken
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 pm

The water traffic today is beyond incredible. We have seen a huge variety of boats and some very beautiful boats. Many USA boats too.
We've been to town and back and now we are just chilling. One gin and tonic down the hatch. As soon as I get my swim wear on, I'll take another G&T with me, sit at the end of the dock, feet up, sunglasses on and enjoy the views!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:03 pm

well ?
did the gin do its job ?
and you know what job i'm talking about don't you ?
confused
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Oooooooooooh Growler, it does every time! Oh...sometimes THAT job too.....
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Fourteen loads of laundry and three hours of cleaning and we are back to normal. Sigh. Love the grandchildren coming, love to see them go too!!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:16 am

Do you and hubby get to relax today and just enjoy the cottage life? Hopefully it will be as nice as day as is promised here in Simcoe. I love this cooler, less humid weather. I'm hoping to get some yard work done today.....or I could go down and tour the dealers at the Friendship Festival. What to do, what to do. LOL
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 am

Hubby insisted we leave the island for a land tour and lunch in Fenelon Falls. I think he really wanted to get away. I would have loved to have vegged on the dock all afternoon! The waterway was so busy that when we tried to pull out of our dock, we had to wait for our turn!
I can solve your problem GF. Some yard work in the morning and then as a 'reward' for being so 'good', go to FF and check it out!
Today we are taking down one small tree that came partially disengaged from the rest of the tree, going into town for a few groceries and to bottle more wine.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 am

Don't know what I was thinking!! The festival is finished so I guess my choices now are to work - both inside and outside. Oh well, fresh air and exercise is good for you right? Now "bottling more wine" sounds like fun. Not so much the bottling part but the consumption part! LOL
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am

The tree was more of a challenge than we realized. The top blended in with the others so much (as in wedged in) that we truly misjudged it's size. Probably about 50 to 60 feet with an eight inch diameter. All cut up now and stacked for next year's use. Or maybe we'll take it to the mainland to a neighbour who often needs cut up wood for his bonfires.
I feel so much like a country girl now.....
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 am

confused
i know what country girls used to feel like,thats why i married one,but how do they feel nowadays ?
after all as of last friday i've not been single for 38 years !
And We're Off! - Page 7 2830496658
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Congrats to you both Mr. and Mrs. Growler!! cheers
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum