Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And We're Off!

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

And We're Off! - Page 5 Empty Re: And We're Off!

Post by kishgo on Tue May 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Our adventures continue. Up three times with the dog last night. Found deer tracks on the trail this morning. Problem solved. Hopefully, they swam away!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Glad you enjoyed your 'exhausting' weekend - cause it sounds like the weeks in between have been pretty harried! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Tue May 22, 2012 3:13 pm

But then - I suppose that's the price one has to pay for "peace and quiet and isolation" LOL (We need that tongue-in-cheek icon back again!)
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

It is sooooo quiet and peaceful tonight. All islanders and guests have departed. Just us and .....please, just the birds and squirrels!

Last edited by kishgo on Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Tue May 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Fingers crossed for you! Though deer shouldn't be a dangerous addition - unless they're carrying infectious tics with Lyme disease, of course!

Bet THAT is making you feel better! Embarassed
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 pm

You are so thoughtful Observer! LOL I had thought about the ticks and continue to check our dog. Fortunately he has been vaccinated and gets his monthly pills.
I really think the raccoons have all gone. I left out a box of Warfarin near the garden shed (out of reach for kids and dogs) and it hasn't been touched. We didn't set the trap while the kids were here. Our granddaughters are SUPER sensitive about such things.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Theoretically, you should be out of the "Lyme zone" anyway - IF you really believe that those ticks choose to abide by the rules of where they are most likely found!

Are you telling me there is a vaccine for dogs against Lyme disease? News to me. If that's the case, wouldn't there also be a vaccine for humans? Question
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Sorry, I was not clear. His Sentinel is for fleas and ticks. And of course ticks read the labels and zones. lol!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle jack on Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Twisted Evil i hope the deer peed all over your yard to help repel the racoons And We're Off! - Page 5 1601752442 i read this works And We're Off! - Page 5 3955995682 And We're Off! - Page 5 507444135 And We're Off! - Page 5 580207494
uncle jack
uncle jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Wed May 23, 2012 8:23 am

Wish that could be true. However racconns need a predator's urine and deer just don't do it.
Fingers crossed, but I think we are all wldlife safe for a while!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Wed May 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Busy day. I power washed three sides of the cottage and then polished the outside windows, cleaned the interior while hubby power washed the back of the cottage. Whew. My arms feel like rubber!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 am

Too much work - not enough "down time"! I bet you thought that you had to pay for all that fun and relaxation you had with friends and family last weekend.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

And We're Off! - Page 5 580207494 GF!
The To Do List seems never ending. Before we purchased the cottage, I made it clear that I didn't want to do double duty on household stuff. Cottage life is by far more work but never seems to be a 'chore'. I guess my/our expectations change when we are here and not in the city.
(BTW, we spend two days in the city and I spend 2 hours pulling out weeks in the garden. So much for having a gardener....!)
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Mon May 28, 2012 2:28 pm

geek
yes them darn cities making you pull all them weeds !
and then if you let them weeds get nice and big, all them biker guy's take them and make you buy them back for smoking and cooking/baking etc.
:I'm sorry:
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Interesting day yesterday. Wed. night I had a stomach ache which continued all through Thursday morning. However, by 10 AM as we were out doing errands, I began to feel lightheaded and the urge to vomit. So while hubby bottled the wine, I stayed in the SUV to rest. (Priorities, right?) Then we headed home. By that time, I was feeling really awful so as soon as we docked, I hit the bed. By 11:30 I had terrible chest pains that left me slightly breathless. That scared me. There are no heart issues in our family but this could be the first! An ambulance was called, we boated to our neighbour's just as the EMS Fire arrived and a few minutes later, the ambulance. (They got lost. GPS didn't pick up the street name!!!) To make a long story short, I spent ten hours at the almost new Peterborough hospital going through a gammit of tests. Diagnosis: Acute heartburn. I felt like such a fraud being in the hospital. While I was there, I saw the Team in action...accident victim that probably wouldn't make it, a man with a hearing problem who came in with severe back pain but couldn't hear the nurses questions so he couldn't answer them, a diabetic whose blood sugar was 40, yes 40 and she wasn't in a coma, yet. The Team showed amazing patience and compassion to all, even the diabetic who was possibly a drug addict from the whispers I heard, who was screaming about her right to go our for a smoke!!
Today, I feel much better except for the sore ribs. Hubby has a bad cold so we lunched on homemade chicken soup. Hmmm Hmmmm goood.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Intense pain tends to make us all a little afraid of what's happening. The fact that you were aware of what was going on around you was a truly great sign. Hope hubby gets over his cold as quickly as you dealt with your problem! Homemade chicken soup cures everything!
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks GF. Sure is "Windy" here! Gusts of wind are up to 60 km/hr I'm sure. Lots of much needed rain too.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

gale force wrote:Intense pain tends to make us all a little afraid of what's happening. The fact that you were aware of what was going on around you was a truly great sign. Hope hubby gets over his cold as quickly as you dealt with your problem! Homemade chicken soup cures everything!
And We're Off! - Page 5 4195803818 i'll second that as well!

and about the illness you felt, i wish i'd known that women have (had?) different symptoms than men back about 14 or so years ago as my mother had symptom similar to yours when i went to spend some time with her, but assumed as did she that it was just severe heartburn so i went home (with concern) so i had my son stop to see her the next morning (he was working mid-nite shift) on his way home, but upon arrival he found her on the floor, she had went to gather her morning paper around 5:am and collapsed near her kitchen table.
And We're Off! - Page 5 1200308762
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:45 pm

We did google the symptoms and I had read about the differences in male and female heart attack sign.s Although there are no heart issues in our family, I felt it was up to the doctor to diagnose.

Sorry about your Mother Growler. That must have been an awful experience for your son. Was that very long ago?
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 pm

just a little over 13 years ago.
and i know it bothered him quite badly, but we spoke about it one day and he asked if i had ever seen someone who had died, and after telling him about 3 that i had found,over my life time plus two in a wreck, he perked up a bit and got over it pretty good.
strong young man, but also very loving !
and a great father to my grandaughter !
he makes me proud !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Wonderful Growler!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Glad to hear the end result was good, kishgo! And, obvioulsy, you did the right thing to have things checked out.

Growler - it CERTAINLY isn't fun to find someone dead - or be present at a death. I guess, often, it's just a part of living - dealing with death!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Hubby is in Ottawa for a couple of days. Just me and the dog on the island, I hope!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Wishing you and the dog an uneventuful couple of days, kishgo!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks. Me too!!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum