Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The pope says ....

Go down

The pope says .... Empty The pope says ....

Post by observer Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 pm

... your dog is going to heaven!

Ok - I gather he was just reassuring a young boy who's dog had died that the gates of heaven may be open in ways we don't understand.

Funny thing I heard on CBC News after this report was from a Muslim young man who said "Yes - all animals are admitted - it's just people who are judged". Struck me as really amusing.

Report also suggested that the vegetarians of the world (or some, undoubtedly) are now saying that if animals have a soul (as they are saying the Pope suggests) then we should no longer be eating them!

Bet the pope didn't think he was loosing all THIS controversy while he was offering comfort to a bereaved child!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

The pope says .... Empty Re: The pope says ....

Post by rbw Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 am

Animals even have their own Saint...

Francis of Assisi

On July 16, 1228, he was proclaimed a saint by Pope Gregory IX. He is known as the patron saint of animals and the environment,
and is one of the two patron saints of Italy (with Catherine of Siena). It is customary for Catholic and Anglican churches
to hold ceremonies blessing animals on his feast day of October 4.[7] He is also known for his love of the Eucharist,[8]
his sorrow during the Stations of the Cross, and for the creation of the Christmas crèche or Nativity Scene.[9]
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:42 pm

I hear the pope says he was misquoted!

Welcome to the world of the press!!! LOL
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum