Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Beliveau

Go down

Jean Beliveau Empty Jean Beliveau

Post by observer Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Have never been much into hockey - other than watching my son and grandson play - BUT that certainly is a name that's pretty much synonymous with hockey. Obviously so to thousands who came to pay tribute to him as he lay in state.

Beliveau, Rocket Richard - and the Pocket; Jacques Plante; Johnny Bauer; Red Kelly, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky. Those are most of THE names that come to my mind when I think of hockey legends (and Red was probably because he was a local, do you think?)
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Jean Beliveau Empty Re: Jean Beliveau

Post by retired2 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Red was as good as any
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:46 pm

There have been, and are, a lot of outstanding hockey players that will leave their names etched high on the great list. The ones we'll remember are most likely NHLers', while Simcoe and area has produced some very good players and most just quit at the local level and will be left in the dust. One has to remember that those are the careers these players have chosen, their jobs that provide them with a pay check while most of us go to an office or a factory. They will likely earn more in 10 seasons than we would in a lifetime, good luck to them.

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:11 am

I have a vague memory of going to the hockey arena in Kirkland Lake, this would be around 1950 I think and seeing Dick Duff play, after which we would go and get a cone full of hot French fries before going home. Definitely would have to be his pre-professional days.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 am

Cone full of french fries, haven't heard that for a long long time.

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum