Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

3 posters

Go down

Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk Empty Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Post by retired2 Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 am

8:54 AM EDT Monday 07 July 2014
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Severe thunderstorm conditions possible - early afternoon to late afternoon.

Thunderstorms may develop early this afternooon capable of producing torrential downpours with local amounts near 50 mm. Wind gusts up tof 90 km/h are possible.

Fast moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Stay indoors when a thunderstorm strikes. There isn't a place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.

For more information:
http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk Empty Re: Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:33 pm

They issued them overnight last night. Reissued around 1 pm again ... I think this will be an all afternoon thing. We did get 1" of rain overnight at my place though. Badly needed.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk Empty Re: Alerts for: Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Another 1/5th of an inch at dinner time tonight.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Just a few drops here
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 am

More warnings out for our area. ||||||||||||Thunder and lighting and rain here already
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wisson Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:35 pm

234 pm we have rain, big rain.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Speaking about rain Rick, how long do you have to water sod? If I put some down this week can I go on holidays the middle of Aug. about 4 weeks from the time I lay the sod or should I wait till we get back
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wisson Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:52 pm

I would think 4 weeks the roots will take, keep the soil damp/moist. When you lay it one trick I learnt roll it make sure the bottom of the sod is in contact with the soil no air pockets. Water a bit every day till you go.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm

We got about 1 1/3 " of rain today at my house as of dinner time.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum