Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter?

+3
Rick Wisson
retired2
observer
7 posters

Go down

How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter? Empty How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter?

Post by observer Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Seems like it's never ending! We did a getaway at the beginning of January - to Cuba - and that seems like an eternity ago. Strange winter when you can get excited about ANY temp above 0! LOL
Gotta admit for the rest of the time, I go out as little as necessary! Guess I'm no longer a "hardy Canuck". What about the rest of you?
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter? Empty Re: How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter?

Post by retired2 Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Stayed inside a lot this winter also. Did a lot of family tree work on the computer. Not going away till next month. I do enjoy snowblowing the driveway so I guess I still like the snow. Enjoy your pictures on Delhi facebook, also the Simcoe facebook as I claim both as home.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter? Empty Re: How have you survived (are you surviving) this winter?

Post by Rick Wisson Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 am

For me the winter went fast even tho its been a tough one , seems my internal clock is ticking faster the older I get. I'm thinking when the nice weather comes it will be gone in a flash for me.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 pm

i'm still hibernating...........grrro...wll...
even my growl is sleeping !
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Stayed inside. Had tons of school work @ night and on weekends, so that kept me occupied.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 pm

We HAVE had TWO days above freezing. Maybe there will soon be more of those???

Do prefer to see a somewhat slower thaw for all that snow out there. Could be quite a rash of flooded basements if it should rain and melt all that lovely stuff in one fell swoop!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Had exactly that happen a few weeks ago when we had the heavy rain during the night. I was worried and stayed up all night checking my lower level and breathed a sigh of relief when daylight came and it was still dry. Later that afternoon when I went downstairs I found water standing half way across my bathroom floor and the sitting room rug was wet. Since then I've spent the necessary time and labour pulling the snow away from the foundation of the house, and so far haven't had any repeat thank goodness.
gale force
gale force

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 am

Oh Gale Force, I hope this current situation hasn't been too strenuous on you! Flooding is always such a serious concern when the snow accumulation is bad and this year, it's been awful. I read that the temp for your area will be about 35 degrees. More melting of the snow and hopefully, moving toward spring!
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:19 am

I hope you mean 35f and not 35c
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by growler Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:47 pm

retired2 wrote:I hope you mean 35f and not 35c

maybe,it was just a "hot flash" she was talking about R2 ?
growler
growler
Complaints Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down