Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things I learned growing up in the South...

3 posters

Go down

Things I learned growing up in the South... Empty Things I learned growing up in the South...

Post by retired2 Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 am

[size=48]   A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.[/size]

[size=48]There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.[/size]

[size=48]There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.[/size]

[size=48]If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.[/size]

[size=48]Onced and Twiced are words.[/size]

[size=48]It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy![/size]

[size=48]Jawl-P? means, Did you all go to the bathroom?[/size]

[size=48]People actually grow, eat and like okra.[/size]

[size=48]Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do that.[/size]

[size=48]There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.[/size]

[size=48]Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.[/size]

[size=48]Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.[/size]

[size=48]The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'[/size]

[size=48]You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.[/size]

[size=48]You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.[/size]

[size=48]Ya'll is singular. All ya'll is plural.[/size]

[size=48]All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.[/size]

[size=48]You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.[/size]

[size=48]You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.[/size]

[size=48]The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, the motor sports, and gossip.[/size]

[size=48]Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss (first name) or Mr.(first name)[/size]

[size=48]You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.[/size]

[size=48]You know what a [/size][size=48]hissy[/size] [size=48]fit is..[/size]

[size=48]Fried catfish is the other white meat.[/size]

[size=48]We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!![/size]

[size=48]You understand these jokes and forward them to your Southern friends and those who just wish they were from the SOUTH.[/size]
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Things I learned growing up in the South... Empty Re: Things I learned growing up in the South...

Post by retired2 Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 am

Don't ask me how that happened
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Things I learned growing up in the South... Empty Re: Things I learned growing up in the South...

Post by Rick Wisson Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 am

How did that happen.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Well its this way or may be that way not sure now
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by rbw Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Computers just do their own thang, don't they..??
Razz
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down