Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed

5 posters

Go down

Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed Empty Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed

Post by observer Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't watch his show but - it appears that there's some doubt that he's actually HELPIN anybody!

Researchers writing in the British Medical Journal examined the health claims showcased on 40 randomly selected episodes of the two most popular internationally syndicated health talk shows, The Dr Oz Show and The Doctors.

If it quacks like a duck...

They identified 479 recommendations from The Dr Oz Show and 445 recommendations from The Doctors, finding that on average, each episode contained about a dozen bits of health wisdom.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed Empty Re: Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed

Post by rbw Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Personally, I don't have time to waste on a show like that...
rbw
rbw

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed Empty Re: Dr. Oz - the British Medical Journal is not impressed

Post by retired2 Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:55 pm

I don't listen to any of that crap either, one day something is bad for you and a few weeks later it is good for you. Latest one is gluten. It was bad for you and should not eat food with gluten in it.. Now the other day they came out and said only a small portion of the population should not have gluten but the rest of the population that is healthy actually needs gluten to keep healthy. I think people are dieing from being peraniod about what they should or should not eat. If I like the taste of something I will eat it if not I won't
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:14 am

I have no interest in that show either. Rminds me of a long infomercial.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by tippycanoe Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:57 am

All those folks are doing is selling themselves and getting rich making you think they know what's good or not good for you. Snake oil salesmen!

tippycanoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:54 pm

They are selling their stories, yes. Problem is that there are 2 ppl to every story and only one side is accurate!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down