Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making travel to the US faster

3 posters

Go down

Making travel to the US faster Empty Making travel to the US faster

Post by observer Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Travellers at Canada's busiest airports could see some relief from long security lines in the coming weeks.

Minister of Transport Lisa Raitt on Tuesday announced a new initiative aimed at reducing the number of low-risk travellers in security lineups for flights to the United States.

Hmm - low risk travellers will be military and airline personnel and those with a Nexus card, from what I read. Still - this would help move some people out of the line to a designated line for "low-risk" travelers, so there'd be fewer people in the regular line. So - I guess it depends whether whoever is monitoring that special line is in addition to the regular lines - or just moving one of the workers away from the "common criminals" line to the "we know they're okay" line.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Making travel to the US faster Empty Re: Making travel to the US faster

Post by Ruby Tuesday Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm

They are ususally "manned" by different lines - any of the pre-cleared traveller lines. Just like the current Nexus lines both at land crossings and at the airports.

My Nexus card has saved me many waits. Only issue is when I have a passenger that doesn't have one - then I have to go through the regular line. I also feel as though they seem more trusting of my answers when I come back to Canada - on what I am claiming.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 am

I have never really had a problem coming or going. Must be my honest face.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Supposedly, the "safe" people will be able to forego the removal of shoes and belts etc - thus speeding up their line.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:18 pm

This summer when we boarded in Detroit they did a prescreen and those that passed did not have to remove shoes, belt etc. Not sure what the prescreen checked but it was just a little machine
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:02 pm

observer wrote:Supposedly, the "safe" people will be able to forego the removal of shoes and belts etc - thus speeding up their line.

I know in the US (I think it was in Detroit airport that I saw it) that they already have a pre-cleared line that allows you to do that. You dont have to remove your shoes, nor do you have to remove your laptop from your case. I forget what they call it, but it's a precleared lane.

Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:02 pm

retired2 wrote:I have never really had a problem coming or going. Must be my honest face.

Yip, duck face will do that for you every time!
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum