Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Did You Learn Today?

2 posters

Go down

What Did You Learn Today? Empty What Did You Learn Today?

Post by kishgo Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Today I learned that I will remind myself to enjoy each and every day without guilt.

My cousin's hubby has been diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH), " It is a condition in which the primary characteristic is excessive accumulation of fluid in the brain. Although hydrocephalus was once known as "water on the brain," the "water" is actually cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) — a clear fluid that surrounds the brain and spinal cord. The excessive accumulation of CSF results in an abnormal widening of spaces in the brain called ventricles. This widening creates potentially harmful pressure on the tissues of the brain."

Cousin's hubby has difficulty walking and falls many times a day. His memory is lagging too, probably a sign of dementia. His whole nuclear family has been affected by dementia. His sister passed away at 55, his father early in life and his mother has been in a nursing home for over 10 years. She is totally oblivious to life around her.
Sad, not even 60 yet, they both retired a couple of years ago and now they have a bleak future.

I am extremely thankful for our good health and life.

What have you learned today?
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

What Did You Learn Today? Empty Re: What Did You Learn Today?

Post by observer Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I also learned that life can be fragile. 3 people of my acquaintance died in Delhi this week - Bonnie Kichler, Frank Lebeer and Theresa Vanden Bussche - all of cancer. So, I guess I learned that although "cancer can be beaten" - it can also be an undefeatable opponent sometimes.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:26 am

I am sorry for the loss of these people. Was Bonnie a teacher with the Catholic School Board?
Peter Razokas, a former colleague of mine passed away this week too. His wife Paula and I also taught together.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:02 am

Yes, Bonnie was a teacher.
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down