CD989.com website

Go down

CD989.com website Empty CD989.com website

Post by Spidubic on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 am

Anyone been to cd989.com today? Went there this morning and it says MyFM.

Admin

View user profile http://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

CD989.com website Empty Re: CD989.com website

Post by retired2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:17 am

New owners apparently with new website. I didn't really like the old site but this one is no better. Maybe with time it will improve. I like to read the news in the morning but not much reported as yet.
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 am

retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Used to be able to post comments to news articles, but I don't see that now.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 am

There were a lot of good comments but there were a few pretty stupid ones also
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 am

growler -- let us know if you find a comment section
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 am

oh i don't think they are going to keep the forum in operation,as they edit it to try to keep the posters to what they feel is an acceptable level.
but in my mind they don't keep some of the offbeat people off of it !
some use thought and common sense when posting,but others allow personal feelings to direct their comments!
i was banned for 30 days after questioning the parents from port rowan area about the shootings that took place in conneticut.
for saying the parents (port rowan parents) were probably happy the teachers were killed,as they had made the students practice schools locking down in emergency situations,and the parents (port rowan parents) just a couple weeks before were extremly upset because the teachers,principal,and board had allowed a similar drill to take place in the public school in pt.rowan.
plus i was unliked for telling my feelings about the teachers withdrawing services to students saying they were not hurting the kids,and it not being about getting more money! so i was immediately called a teacher hater !
and other subjects like the windmills,the gas from waste plant near delhi,the opp wanting to not enforce some laws while being extremely strict on others,and cd98.9 being the first and at ther times only place posting everythig the opp put out,even when it wasn't newsworthy,but things they were using as news!
many things were posted on,and blamed on the people delivering the messages about things and not about the cause of the news! ( eg.blaming council for the frame problems on the trucks,or for the way roads are built,or our mpp for what laws were pased by the province or blaming finley for the UI being out of money, etc.)
and some posters i criticized,upon seeing i had posted something felt the need to oppose my point of veiw right then.
so i will miss it,but i do understand their reason for deleting it.
growler
growler
Complaints Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am

I'm not surprised to see it go. As a matter of fact I was surprised that they didn't discontinue it earlier. I was shocked at how emotional and narrow minded some people were in their comments. There were several times that I was going to post a comment, but didn't bother because I knew very well that someone would "jump on it" just for the sake of doing so. Too many "one uppers" in this world nowadays.

Anyhow, I pretty much don't spend much time on their site anymore. Maybe it will improve now that it's the My FM, who knows.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 am

I agree RT some were just on there to stir the pot. It was a lot like the old kwic message board after a while
retired2
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down