r there only a few of us ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

r there only a few of us ?

Post by growler on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 pm

i missed being able to poost anything back in jan,some of it with problems with my unit,and some because of my ISP not being paid.
but enough of the excuses,but it seems as though r2 and a small few are communicating on this forum.
should we/i just give up ?
growler
Complaints Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: r there only a few of us ?

Post by retired2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I have to agree with you growler, it makes you wonder if it is worth the effort. There are about 20 -25 views per post but no replies, although a lot of our post do not require a reply. Nobody seems to want to start a thread that we could comment on. I tried a few subjects a while back thinking people would jump on but no. I hate to see it fold because if I was on another forum all the time I think I would be bumping heads with someone. I was threatened with banishment before so I"m walking lightly.
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:23 am

Perhaps today's life style doesn't allow the time for people to sit down and share thoughts, hopes, expectations etc. Perhaps it boils down to apathy. I know for myself that there are some days that I have a quick look and go on to something else that has to be checked on or looked at. I apologize for that. I will try harder.
gale force

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 pm

well like you r2,i was threatened with expulsion,at near the same time as our former forum was started!
i know my point of view is not always right and want/expect to hear commebnts about it,and as ou are down in the hot country there gf i am not poining my finger at you! but some days i wonder if it's worth the effort ? confused
growler
Complaints Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

I was a member of the kwic board when it was in its hayday, before all the ranting and roaring began. Maybe every forum needs some rabble rousers just to keep everyone on their toes? You have to admit it made it interesting when you logged in, never to know who has said what about who. (or is that whom? where's our teacher when we need her!!)
gale force

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Yes - hard to maintain an "interesting" forum - when most people on it are of a like mind. It's always more "fun" if there's someone you can get upset with!

That said, a lot of the former members of THIS forum have not returned here. In fact, I now believe that a lot of the former members were all one and the same person - who managed - very well, I might add - to create some action by keeping the posts coming - with varying attitudes and experiences.

So, I guess it's what we want from this forum.

Do we want to discuss ideas? - or events? or personal lives? - or local concepts? Or just enjoy retired's jokes and growler's updates on philosophy and history?
observer
The Watchful Eye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

As much as I enjoy R2's jokes and Growlers philosophical outlook on life, I would like to see more posts, as I am sure they would also. It must be awfully trying day after day carrying this forum on their backs. Come on people, contribute some thoughts, hopes, observations on current affairs.
gale force

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am

I keep trying to post more but never seems to happen. So much for lead by example. Sad

Admin

View user profile http://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle jack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 am

:I'm sorry: i'm currently not not having an affair
uncle jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm

uncle jack wrote: :I'm sorry: i'm currently not not having an affair

oh yeah,the sweatie in your life is where it's warm !
growler
Complaints Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowfood on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Unfortunately I don't have time to get to my computer as often as I like. I usually have to wait until the weekend to comment/post.
I do, however enjoy the content.
Slowfood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by growler on Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

i'm whining about our member's again,and im surprised that R2 isn't/hasn't!
btw>he would if i didn't beat him to the punch !
growler
Complaints Department

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 am

You beat me to it growler. I have been thinking about ti for a long timeand the only thing that keeps me going is that some threads get a lot of views. The other day I noticed 15 guest on line. A lot of our post to do require a reply but I was hoping the Don Cherry thread would get people up in arms and post their opinion. We will keep pluging along for now. Have a great day, I will
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuttin Bait on Fri May 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Forgot my pass word & the new one emailed to me wouldn't work, BUT BUT I found the old 1. All so we have a new old computer , up graded to windows 7 Learning curve for old guy here . Working like crazy and and and after a few coctails I just don't feel like posting anything. Is this enough reasons
Cuttin Bait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm

That will do CB!
kishgo
Record Breaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun May 05, 2013 11:26 am

Personally, I never know if readers are even interested. When I post something I think would be of a general interest and there aren't many 'takers', I just finally feel like giving up. What DO people want to read? WHAT will make them respond? Or is this whole forum an exercise in futility?
kishgo
Record Breaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Hubby says we should post pics of us (forum members) dancing naked. Ha! In my case, I think that would be the end of the forum.
kishgo
Record Breaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gale force on Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 am

If my memory serves me correctly Kishgo, I think your thread about your cotttage life experiences was most widely read last year. Also, I remember getting quite a few replies when I was posting about the differences between life in Simcoe and Florida a few years back. That tells me that people are interested in the experiences of others, for whatever reason. Personally, I enjoy reading of other forum members experiences with their families, their pets, working around their homes and gardens, and their day to day life. JMO
gale force

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidubic on Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 am

I have seen on other forums you have to bombard the reader with a lot of topics and even then only a few get responses. I know I should be posting and replying more and keep promising myself I will do so in the future but it never happens or happens sporadically. And my life is not interesting enough to post about.

Admin

View user profile http://norfolk-community.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am

Not tooo many replies but surprisingly a large number of views on some subjects. I think we get a lot of none members reading, I noticed 11 guest on a few nights ago. Onward and upward
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, GF I know I LOVED reading your posts from FL and they helped me a lot this year when I was there. I remembered various things you had to say especially about grocery stores. I believe others enjoyed it too.
I worried that my cottage postings might be too boring and seriously considered not doing so this year. But it's great 'me time' to reflect and share. I write a journal too. Hopefully one day our grandchildren will read it and laugh as we did.
kishgo
Record Breaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired2 on Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

We like to hear about your cottage life and the raccoons too
retired2
Bonfire Tilter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kishgo on Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks R. I'll try.
kishgo
Record Breaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by observer on Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 pm

We DO have a rather limited membership - so unless we have a "regular (like Retired) who posts and posts and posts (TY Retired!) there's REALLY not likely to be that much activity. BUT - a forum should be what you want it to be, I guess. Either a place where you have your say - or a place where you read what others have to say. And it's an anonymous world - so there's no obligation to feel guilty about whatever it is that you choose to do.
observer
The Watchful Eye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum