Norfolk Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday in Mexico, anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Holiday in Mexico, anyone? Empty Holiday in Mexico, anyone?

Post by observer Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:56 pm

On the Pacific tourism coast, in Mazaltan, a woman is brutally beaten in an elevator of a resort.

On The Caribbean coast, near Playa del Carmen, 2 men - one a police officer from Saskatchewan - are taken to a private hospital, suffering from what his wife (also a police person in Canada) calls deliberate poisoning.

It's still not going to stop me from going when I so desire, but it IS getting a little unsettling!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Holiday in Mexico, anyone? Empty Re: Holiday in Mexico, anyone?

Post by kishgo Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 pm

A little? Gosh, I've always thought twice about going to Mexico and this past cruise just reinforced my opinion, along with all the terrible news. I know it happens everywhere, not one place is immune, but somehow when I'm on holidays, I want it to be relatively worry free from violence. It's such an individual selection.
My cousin lives in Mazatlan for six months of the year. Last year he said there were 23 shootings/killings in the town. Most of us don't hear about it as the victims are not CDN. But that doesn't stop him, he's back again this year.
kishgo
kishgo
Record Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post by observer Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Generally speaking, I've always thought that the tourist issues - (murders etc) have usually been fairly young people - pretty late hours - and often off the resort. In other words, they might have happened HERE as well - too much alcohol; wrong section of town; hitting on someone's girlfriend; flashing too much money - all those "no-nos" that sometimes result in pretty drastic outcomes.

The beaten woman in Mazatlan, apparently, was naked in an elevator at 2 a.m.??? Certainly not suggesting that she deserved to be beaten - but isn't that odd?

The people in the Mayan are a little more worrisome for someone in my age bracket. It was reported that this private hospital, where the men were taken, pays people who deliver patients to them. Now THAT is a cause for concern!
observer
observer
The Watchful Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tuesday Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:38 pm

It's going to kill their tourism. There are still a lot of people that would go to Mexico in a flash, but the more this type of behaviour goes on the greater the number of people that will not go there. Period.
Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wisson Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 pm

After what a Simcoe area lad went through in Cuba a year !/2 or so ago I will never go again. Like Ruby said . Period.
Rick Wisson
Rick Wisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down